RoughCast is committed to protecting your personal information. It’s your information, it’s personal, and we respect that. We also want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one the people we engage with as well as each visitor who uses the RoughCast website.
Our Privacy Notice gives you detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
The information you share with us allows us to communicate with and understand our audiences and community.
Registering with RoughCast will allow you to receive information about our work. You can register with us at any time on our Newsletter/Signup.
Contact details for RoughCast
By phone 01379 586745 or you can message us via our website Contact webpage.
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include signing up to receive emails from us online or through our postcards. We also look at how our audience use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
1. When you sign up to our e-newsletter through Mailchimp
2. When you sign up to our e-newsletter through by post
3. The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed.
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you sign up to our e-newsletter we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
- Title and name
- Email address
When visiting our website we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp, or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
4. Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways:
Where we have your consent:
- Send you updates via email about what’s on, offers and news or about supporting us.
- Email you about a specific topic you’ve requested to hear more on
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Use your anonymised details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. The information shared with these platforms is anonymised to protect your personal data.
- Undertake consumer research: we may contact you to ask you to participate in consumer research either via an online or telephone survey or in person. You are under no obligation to participate in research and, should you provide any further information, RoughCast will inform you how any further information will be used.
5. How We Handle Your Information and Other Organisations
RoughCast will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. We make sure anyone who provides a service for RoughCast enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
RoughCast is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from RoughCast and recommends that you check the notices of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
6. How We Protect Your Data
RoughCast is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use.
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. We will typically keep your data for up to ten years from the date of your last interaction with our communication.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
7. Your Choices
You should find it easy to request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our e-newsletter list please use the ‘unsubscribe’ link found in all our emails.
Or, if you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
You can also request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting the Data Protection Manager. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to websitemail@RoughCast.co.uk.
At any time you have the right to ask RoughCast to amend or stop how it uses your personal information including for marketing purposes.
You have the right to get information held about you by us corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the below contact details.
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the below contact details.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 0303 123 1113
8. Updates or Changes to the Privacy Notice and Further Information
This notice was updated as indicated below. It may be updated to take into account changes at RoughCast or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.
Updates to this notice will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
Further information on data protection regulations and laws can be found here:
- Data Protection: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public
- Fundraising regulator: www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code-of-fundraising-practice/code-of-fundraising-practice
Notice updated on 22 May 2018